Saturday, October 06, 2007

Mantra in Gurmukhi

Someone on a yahoo kundalini group asked for the Gurmukhi script for a particular mantra:

AP SAHAEE HOA SACHE DA SACHE DHOA, HAR, HAR, HAR.

From the way I remember hearing this chanted in Gurdwara, I think a few of the vowels are not represented properly in the above written (transliteration) version. I prefer to use a different transliteration scheme

Aap sahaaee Hoaa, sachay daa sachaa dhoaa, har har har

I found a website showing the same transliteration of this mantra as I have written above.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:vcLlDOVxrucJ:www.harijiwan.com/erin/2006-3-30.htm+aap+sahaaee+hoaa+full+mantra&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

So, in Gurmukhi it would look like this: (and I have corrected two errors - Oct 9 - since first posting this almost a week ago)


Awip shweI hoAw scy dw scw FoAw, hr, hr, hr

No comments: